You’ve decided to take control of your weight and are considering going on the Medifast Diet. So, What is Medifast? It’s a clinically proven, doctor approved diet that’ll help you lose weight and retain muscle mass. There are three parts to this diet:
- Medifast Meals: Nutritionally balanced meals which can be in the form of snacks, bars, pastas, breakfast items, desserts, soups, and more.
- Lean & Green Meals: 5 – 7 ounces of lean protein, up to two servings of healthy fats, and three serving of vegetables.
- Healthy Snacks: Anything from a serving fruit or yogurt to Medifast snacks.
They have two packages to choose from; Medifast GO and Medifast Achieve. If you choose to get the Medifast GO today, you’ll save $100 On 1st Order w/renewal. Shop Now!
However, staying on any diet can be difficult especially if you’re the type of person who likes to eat out with their friends. You don’t want to cheat on your diet, but you don’t want to stay home either. Don’t worry, you can stay on your weight loss plan and have fun with your friends by choosing from the best Medifast friendly restaurants to dine out at.
This American staple has good portions sizes. Pair the 8oz Top Sirloin with a side salad for a great and filling meal.
- Lean and Green Meal: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Half or Lunch Portion
- Other Friendly Choices: Thai Shrimp Salad
2. Red Lobster
This classic seafood place has great variety with veggies and lean seafood. Just be sure to skip the biscuits.
- Lean and Green Meal: Rock Lobster Tail Without Rice
- Other Friendly Choices: Wood-Grilled Sirloin and Shrimp w/o Rice, Snow Crab Legs w/o Butter, Steamed Broccoli
3. Longhorn Steakhouse
If you’re looking for a wide variety of protein dishes, this popular restaurant is the place to go!
- Lean and Green Meal: 7 Pepper Sirloin Salad (Half Portion)
- Other Friendly Choices: 6oz Renegade Sirloin, 6oz Napa Grilled Chicken, Cowboy Pork Chops (Half Portion), Fresh Steamed Asparagus
4. Joe’s Crab Shack
The bucket of shrimp easily adds lean protein to any dish. Make sure you hold the butter.
- Lean and Green Meal: Classic Cobb Salad with Shrimp
- Other Friendly Choices: Peel N’ Eat Shrimp 1/2lb., Joe’s Classic Steampot (no potatoes or corn), Broccoli Florets
5. Ruby Tuesday
It’s hard to beat that salad bar. They offer a great variety of options when building your healthy, high protein meal
- Lean and Green Meal: Grilled Salmon with Vegetable Sides
- Other Friendly Choices: Sautéed Portobello Mushrooms, Mashed Cauliflower
6. Olive Garden
This Italian staple has more to offer than just carb heavy pasta dishes. Stick with chicken or salmon paired with vegetables.
- Lean and Green Meal: Chicken Margherita (Lunch or Half Portion)
- Other Friendly Choices: Herb-Grilled Salmon with Broccoli, Parmesan-Crusted Zucchini
Looking for a place to grab breakfast? You can stay on your Medifast diet even at IHOP!
- Lean and Green Meal: Egg White Vegetable Omelette (No Fruit)
- Other Friendly Choices: Tilapia Florentine (Half Portion, No Potatoes), 2 Fried Eggs, 4 Pieces of Turkey Bacon or Sausage
8. Red Robin
You’ll feel like you’re eating way more calories than you actually are at this gourmet burger joint. Resist the bottomless fries.
- Lean and Green Meal: The Wedgie Burger
- Other Friendly Choices: Ensenada Chicken Platter with Side Salad
9. P.F. Changs
This menu boasts plenty of tasty high protein options. Pair with a salad or greens.
- Lean and Green Meal: Ginger Chicken with Broccoli (Half Portion)
- Other Friendly Choices: Mongolian Beef (Lunch or Half Portion), Wok’d Spinach with Garlic, Miso Glazed Salmon (Half Portion)
10. The Greene Turtle
This restaurant has some of the best variety when it comes to assembling your lean and green meal.
- Lean and Green Meal: Blackened Tilapia (No Sour Cream, Half Portion)
- Other Friendly Choices: Black and Bleu Shrimp Salad (Half Portion), Char-Grilled Salmon (No Mashed Potatoes, Half Portion)
The drive-thru isn’t exactly the place to search out healthy food choices. But if you’re on the go and need to stop for a quick bite, here are some Medifast friendly fast food options:
- Chick-fil-A: Grilled Chicken Nuggets
- Au Bon Pan: Chicken Cobb Salad with Avocado
- Long John Silvers: Hold the batter
- Panda Express: Shanghai Angus Steak
- Wendy’s: Spicy Caesar Chicken Salad, Half Size
- Arby’s: Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad with Light Italian Dressing
Dining out doesn’t have to ruin your diet. By making better choices, you can enjoy eating out with friends without sacrificing any progress on your weight loss journey. Stick to your plan while dining at the best Medifast friendly restaurants. Want to try Medifast? Take advantage of their Spring Offer by ordering Medifast GO & save $100 on your 1st Order w/renewal.
For a more in-depth look, check this full dining out guide.
You Also Might Like: South Beach Diet Recipes You Need To Try!