Not only are Hannukah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa right around the corner, but so is the holiday party you’re hosting.
Don’t stress! Here are 10 tips on how to host a successful event:
1. Send invitations ahead of time.
A last minute holiday party can be stressful. Invite everybody far in advance so they can RSVP and make necessary arrangements early on.
2. Make your guest list and check it twice by doing a background check on unknown guests.
Is somebody’s plus-one rumored to have a serious criminal background? If you have this person’s address or phone number, do some digging through a reverse directory to ensure your friends, family, and home will be safe and sound.
3. Avoid last minute scrambling by planning ahead.
Decide what you need to buy, cook, decorate, and prepare to save yourself from stressing once it’s too late.
4. Create the perfect holiday party playlist.
In addition to Christmas music, be sure to play a range of songs to get everyone dancing and in the party mood.
5. Think of fun ways to entertain everybody.
Plan games to play, run contests with prizes, or research other festive ideas to encourage a good time for all.
6. Finish cooking before the party starts.
During the party, the only time you should be in the kitchen is to mingle or heat up food. Cook everything beforehand so you won’t have to worry.
7. Be done cleaning by the time company arrives.
Tidy up where people will be gathering and clear out closets so there’s room for everyone’s belongings.
8. Prepare an overnight space for those who live far or had too much to drink.
This will help guests feel more comfortable about partying without the responsibility of driving. Simply providing a blanket, pillow, and comfy couch to crash on is a kind gesture that can go a long way.
9. Enforce a fair set of rules.
Whether attendees must wear an ugly sweater, hand over car keys if they’re drinking, or leave at a designated time, make sure everybody is aware of and abides by your rules.
And last but not least…
10. RELAX AND ENJOY!
Don’t get caught up in the stress of entertaining. Successfully hosting a party during the crazy holiday season possible with the right preparation. If you follow all of these tips, you should be able to take a deep breath, relax, and have a great time.